I have been thinking for a while about giving up my blog. When I started it in May of 2006, I had lots of time on my hands. Now--not so much. Between homeschooling a first and a third grader, caring for an infant, and being a wife and homemaker, my time is pretty much taken up. I have been feeling the strain lately, and my blog is one of the optional things in my life. Since I have one, there is a certain obligation (I use that term loosely, but you know what I mean) to write on it. So in order to remove that feeling of obligation, I am closing down my blog for now. I will not be posting during the month of February, and will re-evaluate after that.
I do love my blog! I like fiddling around with the layout and putting pictures in the header, and finding neat links for the sidebar. I like posting pictures and stories about my family, as well as lessons the Lord is teaching me. I like keeping in touch with you through your comments. But at this point, it's something that adds stress to my life.
So farewell for a month, fair readers. I'll talk to you again the first week of March.
Waters will break forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert. ~Isaiah 35:6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Letter to My Non-Jewish Friends from Rabbi Jonathan Jaffe
A Letter to My Non-Jewish Friends, > > Dear Friends, > > Please forgive me as I act so boldly as to speak for our collective Jew...
-
For Frontline the other day, the kids were to draw their favorite Bible character. I was impressed! David with his sling, huge Goliath wit...
-
This month off has been very instructive. . . :o) I missed you! When Philip got his first tooth (and then another one), I wanted to tell you...
-
1. When moving in, park the trailer you're borrowing on his side of the driveway (your side is full of your cars). Make sure to do this...
8 comments:
Ok, can I just say that it seemed a little ironic to read your BLOG post titled "Taking a break from blogging"??? Though I do understand why you did it this way, it did make me smile. :)
Anyway, I understand your dilemma. That's why I'm so behind in my blogging. And, I don't even do the sidebar items or update the header like you do. It's enough for me to periodically (and the periods are getting longer and longer in between!) to update my blog with entries and pictures.
I also enjoy writing up what happened with the pictures, so I probably blog more out of the enjoyment I get from writing it than what I'm assuming that others get from reading it.
Anyway, enjoy your break. I do hope that you will come back in March and update periodically though. :)
Carrie,
You will be missed, but it is precious to see you respond to a much higher calling. I signed out of Facebook because it was too toxic for me at this time. God used it to teach me a couple of lessons. One was about praying.
Love,
G/J
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Sob, Sob, Sniffle, Sniffle, I guess that means I'll be calling more often! :)
Love you gobs,
your sista
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Sob, Sob, Sniffle, Sniffle, I guess that means I'll be calling more often! :)
Love you gobs,
your sista
ooops!
So, I guess I'll have to come visit in person if I want an update...hmmmm...
Love you lots!
JF :)
I'll definitely miss hearing about what's going on in your life and seeing pics of your peeps.
I understand busy, though. :-)
Love, Abby
I'll miss hearing about what is going on and seeing pictures of your kiddos, but I'm glad you have your priorities right! We'll still be praying for you.
Post a Comment