This month off has been very instructive. . . :o) I missed you! When Philip got his first tooth (and then another one), I wanted to tell you about it. When we got ten inches of snow, I was itching to post pictures. When we took a trip to Glennallen. . .
So, having had several weeks to think about it, here's my conclusion: I want to keep my blog, but I release myself from any pressure to post at all regularly. This will be for family and friends who want to keep up with us. I will also be putting nifty links in the sidebar occasionally. Check there now--the pictures of the lava lake are magnificent!
So here's what's been piling up for a month! Philip is five months old. He has started rolling over, and puts everything in his mouth. He makes the cutest warbling sounds, squeals, and went through a raspberry/spitting stage.

He has had his first haircut. I just cut the long "original" hairs.


We took a trip to see friends that recently moved to Glennallen. It took about six hours to drive there, and I think there were five towns/villages between here and there. That counts the ones that are shut down between September and May. So much solitude!


Windy!

Frozen river, the wind keeps the ice snow-free and shiny.





We got snow! I know, it's Alaska, but we don't usually get so much at once.

You can see who does the work in this family.


Pioneer woman! (Yeah, right. This was totally posed. I scooped about four shovels-full and went inside. The kids and I did have fun with some spoke tag in the back yard, though.

Well, that's all for now. Ta ta, and it's good to have you back.
:o)
10 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you aren't quitting blogging for good! It's nice to have you back. Philip is getting SO big! :)
Good to see you again! I love to see how those kids are doing. I'm laughing at the haircut photos, that's just what Z's hair looked like too. He had all these short hairs and one long "superman curl" in the middle, which I couldn't bear to cut until it got to his eyes.
And I love your photos of the beautiful places you visit. Because of you, Alaska has moved further up our list of places to go. :)
Ellen C.
Ellen, Alaska truly is stunning in its beauty and hugeness. We are privileged to live here.
It's good to have YOU back! :-)
Abby
YAH!!! Glad you're back. I enjoy keeping up with your family and beautiful Alaska! ;) I love the pictures of the snow covered mountains. How beautiful! ;) Your kids are growing so fast and cute too!
Love,
Betsy
You can see the mess in my picture! Wasn't all that snow fun? The wind, not so much but the snow was great!
So glad your back!
JF
Glad you are back. I missed ready about you and the family and your adventures!
Glad you are back! Hard to believe your little guy is almost 6 months old!!! I'm hoping that I only have about 6 weeks left until I'm posting pictures of our latest arrow. I'll let you know. Miss you!!!!!!!!
SO glad to have you blogging again!
Great pictures!
Love you all!
Post a Comment